With the help of a bread machine, you can easily have a fresh loaf of gluten-free bread even if you are busy. However, you would expect a bread with a denser texture as compared to the oven-baked one. Besides the way it is baked, the type of gluten-free flour used will also affect the texture of the bread.
Gluten-Free White Sandwich Bread (with Bread Machine) | Dietplan-101
- 2 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 4 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 tsps salt
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 2 2/3 tsps instant yeast
- 1 1/3 cup warm milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine flour, starches, sugar, salt, gum and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients (EXCEPT olive oil) into the bread pan according to the instructions given by manufacturer.
- Select the “Quick” cycle (or “Rapid Rise”)(2.0 lbs) and press start.
- When the ingredients have come together, scrap the sides of the bread pan using a spatula and add in olive oil.
- When the kneading cycle has ended, remove the paddles and smooth the surface with wet spatula (optional).
- When the bread is done, remove from bread pan immediately and cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Best served fresh.