Ground nuts add more protein and fiber, as well as a great nutty flavor to the end products. These gluten-free flour blends are suitable for making muffins, pancakes, easy cakes etc. (but NOT for cakes that need to have a light texture such as chiffon cakes and sponge cakes). Since ground nuts are heavier, the texture of the end products will be denser.
Gluten-Free Whole Grain Flour Mix (with Nut) | Dietplan-101
- 140 g (5 oz) gluten-free whole grain flour (e.g. oat, sorghum or millet flour)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) ground nut (e.g. hazelnut or almond)
- 140 g (5 oz) potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Combine whole grain flour and ground nut of your choice, starch and gum in an airtight container.
- Shake vigorously until the flour settle in one color.
- Keep refrigerated for later use.
Notes: Yields about 350 g/12.3 oz.
Try out these recipes using these flour mix:
|Gluten-Free Oat Hazelnut Banana Muffins||Gluten-Free Millet Almond Cake|