This is a low-carb and low-fat version of panna cotta. Low-fat buttermilk is used instead of thick cream. Low-carb version panna cotta is suitable for Dukan Diet PP Consolidation and low-carb diet.
Panna cotta is a traditional Italian dessert, easy to make and simply delicious. If you have trouble finding ramekins, try using silicone muffin pans. This recipe makes 4 serving. Best serve chilled and garnish with fresh berries.
Mixed Spice Buttermilk Panna Cotta (for Dukan Diet PP Consolidation) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 4 servings
- 3 tbsps water (at room temperature)
- 2 1/4 tsps (1 envelope) powdered gelatin (or 3 gelatin sheets, soaked & drained)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (or 6 packets)
- pinch of ground ginger (to taste)
- pinch of ground allspice (to taste)
- pinch of ground nutmeg (to taste)
- some fresh berries (for serving)
- Sprinkle powdered gelatin over the water in a small bowl and let it stands for 5 minutes.
- Combine milk, sweetener and spices in a medium saucepan.
- Stir the mixture over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add in soaked gelatin and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in buttermilk until well mixed, then strain through a sieve.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins (7-oz/200 ml) with neutral-tasting oil.
- Fill the mixture into the prepared ramekins equally and set aside to cool completely.
- When cooled, cover the ramekins with cling wrap and keep refrigerated until set, about 4 hours.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edge of the ramekin, then transfer the dessert to a serving plate.
- Serve chilled on its own or with some fresh berries.