A simple, yet delicious and fulfilling veggies soup with chicken pieces ready in minutes! This soup is great to be served as a light lunch or dinner.
Mixed Veggies Green Bean Chicken Soup (for South Beach Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup cut green beans (1/2″ pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 2.8 oz (80 g) cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Add basil, parsley and garlic to the chicken broth and bring to the boil in a sauce pot.
- Add in chopped vegetables and cook at medium heat until softened.
- Add in the chicken, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When chicken is heated through, off the heat and serve.