Soy Hazelnut Biscotti with Dried Cherries (for Atkins Diet Phase 3)
Write a review
- 6 oz (170 g) unsalted butter (soften)
- 3/4 cup Splenda sweetener
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 tbsps sour cream
- 1 cup soy powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts (chopped)*
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Beat butter and sweetener until creamy, then add in eggs gradually and beat until well blended.
- Add in sour cream and mix well.
- Mix in soy powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Fold in hazelnuts and dried cherries, then chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Divide the chilled dough into 2 portions and shape each into a log (12"x 2.5"/30cm x 6.5cm).
- Arrange the logs on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack, then cut crosswise into 1/2" slices and arrange on baking tray.
- Bake at 325°F/165°C for about 20 minutes, or until crisp.
- Let the biscuits completely cool before storing in airtight containers.
- *For hazelnuts, finely chop 1/2 cup and coarsely chop 1 cup.
- Each serving: 2.2 g Net Carbs
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/