Spicy Stir-Fried Mongolian Beef (for South Beach Phase 2)
Write a review
- 12 oz (340 g) marinated beef strips*
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, cut into chunks)
- 3 stalks green onion (cut into 1" pieces)
For the sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsps sugar-free teriyaki sauce (e.g. Seal Sama, Trinity Hill Farms)
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add in marinated beef and stir-fry for a few minutes until just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, stir-fry bell pepper chunks for a few minutes, until soften.
- Add in cooked beef, green onions and sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened, keep stirring.
*Ingredients and directions for marinated beef strips
- 12 oz (340 g) boneless tender beef steak (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a bowl.
- Add in the beef strips and coat well, marinate for 30 minutes.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/